Equity Senior Research Associate
Green Street provides preeminent and actionable commercial real estate research, news, data, analytics, and advisory services in the U.S. and Europe. For more than 35 years, Green Street has delivered unparalleled intelligence and trusted data on the public and private real estate markets, helping investors, banks, lenders, and other industry participants optimize investment and strategic decisions. The firm delivers exclusive market information, conclusion-driven insights, and predictive analytics through a SaaS platform.
The success of Green Street is directly attributable to the strength of our people. We attract high-quality applicants due to our reputation for excellence and our commitment to train and retain talent. Our collaborative work environment provides team members with opportunities to develop professionally and play a central role from day one. At Green Street, we are all about providing unique insights. A diverse and inclusive work environment where top talent can thrive, think freely and offer different perspectives makes our insights even stronger. We’re building a company culture where differences in gender, race, age, religion, ethnicity, identity, physical ability and perspectives are celebrated and valued.
Green Street seeks ambitious, motivated candidates with a passion for the markets and a desire to build a career at the confluence of equity analysis and real estate research. If you have finance and investment skills, we will teach you how to apply them to real estate investing in both public and private markets. Our research team sets the standard in the industry. A lot of this is due to a collaborative work environment among the 60 professionals and the ability for each to specialize in one or two property sectors. In addition, we promote sector rotation over time to facilitate professional development. Leaders on the team are homegrown as we seek to provide the best possible career path to all that join the team.
The Senior Associate will report to a Research Analyst and the position primarily entails becoming a specialist in one sector and covering several REITs. Success in the role entails developing intimate knowledge of covered companies and developing a deep understanding of the drivers of the property sector in the private market.
The position will entail the following duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare, maintain and / or oversee detailed financial models/valuation, projections, and databases
- Adapt to changing circumstances as it relates to assigned financial models
- Apply sound understanding and use of finance and valuation techniques
- Become an expert on covered companies: properties, financials, management teams
- Value a number of REITs using a combination of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Provide input and insights to shape Green Street’s investment recommendations
- Develop relationships with REIT management teams and institutional investors to share perspective on industry and covered companies
- In conjunction with senior members of the team, prepare and publish a wide range of research reports
- Write Quick Takes and first draft of some research reports
- Understand the implications and impact of news events and economic forces on specific companies, sectors, and assets
- Become a proactive written and verbal communicator with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop relationships with private market investors and other contacts – we will help you build those
- Demonstrate resourcefulness by seeking out new and creative sources of information
- Continue to develop knowledge of assigned sector and Green Street’s overall research framework
- Some travel to Investor Days, conferences and property tours required.
We are looking for the following attributes in candidates:
In addition to a strong work ethic and motivation to learn, the Senior Associate requires the following skills: strong financial modelling, valuation skills and research skills, meticulous attention to detail, developing communication (both written and verbal) skills, a high level of organization, creativity, intellectual curiosity, resourcefulness, and an ability to work independently and multi-task. Strong analytical skills and a background in finance are required. The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, accounting, real estate, economics, or a related field
- 2-4 years of experience in conducting financial/economic research, publicly traded real estate securities, general securities, and capital markets
- Progress towards the CFA designation is encouraged
- Strong working knowledge of financial statements and Microsoft Excel
- The ability to multi-task effectively while maintaining accuracy
- Candidate must be currently authorized to work in the United Kingdom without future sponsorship required.
Benefits on offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package including company provided medical, dental insurance and cash plan
- Company provided life assurance, critical illness and income protection coverage
- Personal pension plan with matched employer contributions
- Company paid holidays and summer half day Fridays
- Access to employee assistance programme and wellbeing resources
- Tax free cycle scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Company sponsorship to further education.
Green Street’s Diversity Statement:
Unique and valuable insights are driven by diverse perspectives and an inclusive environment. We are the industry leader because we hire top talent regardless of background, identity, or viewpoint. We are committed to building a culture that celebrates differences, empowering us all to grow. Our reach is global and multicultural, and we believe Green Street should reflect that – Everyone is welcome.