Operations Manager - Private Debt
The role is to run and oversee the operational processes & requirements of all assets within the Private Debit mandates. Given the varied nature of the assets held (direct credit, platforms, and funds), an agile, critical thinker is required to oversee the day to day operational management, as well to ensure new deals are implemented in a controlled and considered manner.
- Work closely with the Deal team, you will be the SME with regards to the operational implications of a credit deal (accounting, cash flows, valuations, and deal structuring considerations where applicable)
- Assisting in the implementation of new or existing operating models, ensuring understanding is documented, and appropriate controls implemented where necessary.
- This will require being "hands on" and in the detail of all credit related deals, be these direct, or via third party managers.
- Ensuring all SPV requirements are appropriately considered, including performing bespoke risk assessments and the implementation of associated structures, related to a particular structure.
- Work with external third-party providers, whilst coordinating with stakeholders internally, to ensure any new service provisions with a third party meet the associated deal & structure requirements.
- Liaise with Internal stakeholders across the business including Performance, Risk, Legal, Compliance and Finance as required.
- Oversee a team member who is responsible for asset set up, settlement instruction maintenance.
- Managing efficient funding of the mandates, including requesting FX transactions and instructing fund subscriptions / redemptions and distributions, when necessary.
- Oversee accounting reconciliation process and own issue resolution as appropriate
- Private Debit / Private Credit experience - In House experience highly desirable - 3 years of relevant experience required
- Highly transferable roles would be Fund Operations / Fund Oversight / Fund Control within Debt
- Strong communication skills and comfortable working with a range of stakeholders
- Tangible exposure to the Transaction process from an oversight perspective
- Qualified Accountant / CFA / CAIA Holder desirable but not essential
- Commercial Acumen and willingness to get involved in projects / tasks outside of your remit is highly advantageous