Senior Private Market Risk Controller
- Perform regular investment desk reviews where risk allocation and portfolio construction are overseen and challenged
- Challenge material new transactions
- Understand the investment processes fully by engaging with private market investment desks
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the wider PAIR team and front office stakeholders enabling effective challenge of material exposures
- Challenge material investment proposals from the front office
- Review investment guidelines
- Contribute to oversight of allocation and scheme wide risks
- Higher degrees, an actuarial qualification and/or CAIA, CFA charter-holder status would be a benefit but not essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of private market transactions and/or risk management within large complex and diverse portfolios spanning equity, property, debt and infrastructure.
- Track record of first line private market deal making and/or providing independent challenge from a second line perspective would be beneficial.
- Deep understanding of Credit Rating Agency methodologies across structured and corporate credit ratings.
- Excellent understanding and application of corporate finance and deal modelling.
- Wide experience in the financial services industry, spent largely in front office, or risk management with exposure to front office.
- Sound understanding of operational processes from front to back office, with strong practical IT knowledge.
- Demonstrable track record in financial risk modeling with the mindset and ability to come up with practical solutions.
- Being able to review tools produced by team in Excel with VBA.