Life Sciences Equity Analyst
- Excellent academic credentials required, including at least a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Natural Science(s).
- Must have Pharmaceutical/biotechnology Equity Research Experience ideally within the US Markets.
- Additional knowledge of human physiological systems and medicine preferred.
- CFA qualification desirable but not essential.
- Intellectually flexible and commercially savvy.
- Strong analytical skills and an independent thinker.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel (in the UK and internationally).
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Working alongside the CIO re management of the portfolio. For example, daily meetings discussing asset allocation, risk management, stock preferences and potential trade ideas.
- Generating investment and financial reports for new deals and preparing presentations for Senior Management, as well as reviewing the current investment pipeline on a quarterly basis.
- Carrying out extensive research to advise about investing in securities and industry sectors. This includes modelling future assumptions, maintaining financial models, constructing company valuations using various methodology (DCF, multiples, SOTP etc) and analysing financial statements.
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of prospective investments in the bio-medical space, preparing financial models and valuations. Clearly presenting these analyses to Senior Management for prospective investment.
- Within the primary markets, sourcing and conducting due diligence on prospective Venture Capital and Private Equity investment opportunities. This includes building strong relationships with GPs/ Investors/ Consultants/ Advisors.
- Attending conferences and seminars to keep up-to-date with the latest information/trends.