Operational Due Diligence Specialist, Alternative Asset Manager
- Conduct on-site operational due diligence meetings of external asset managers as part of the ODD program. These meetings discuss all areas of operations to assess the strength of the organisation and its ability to mitigate operational risk.
- Document due diligence meetings conducted in the specified report template and present findings to the regional research committee.
- Perform regulatory research and reviews for managers.
- Analyse underlying manager financial statements.
- Research foreign markets to assess regulatory and tax issues involving trading/establishing a local presence in those markets.
- Experience within an audit firm auditing investment products (hedge funds) or the operations and/or audit departments of an asset management firm or; operational due diligence preferred.
- Undergraduate bachelor's degree in accounting and finance and with the Chartered Accountant qualification or Chartered Financial Analyst qualification
- Working knowledge of industry standards for the asset management industry, specifically hedge funds, including familiarity with policies, procedures and "best practices".