Associate / Vice President - Structured Finance
Key Responsibilities and Experience
- Candidates are expected to have between 3- and 8-years' experience working with structured finance.
- Applicants will have prior experience within an investment bank or buy-side firm.
- The role spans a wide range of investment mandates and products including trade receivables, NPLs, auto loans, consumer loans and mortgage transactions.
- Candidates would be expected to conduct analysis, both qualitative and quantitative
- The candidate will work across a very wide variety of fixed income products, particularly those involving granular asset portfolios.
- Intermediate to advanced level of quantitative skills
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of structured finance and portfolio analysis will be essential.
- Programming experience (ideally VBA and/or Python) would be positively considered but not essential.
- The candidate should have an analytical mind-set, be highly numerate and have excellent communication skills.
- The role involves close contact with a client, the role would suit candidates who can work independently and are motivated to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- This is a client/ counterparty facing role so we would expect candidates to show an excellent level of written and spoken English
- Advanced competence with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Successful candidates will have a strong academic background, comprising at least a 2:1 degree from a leading university.
- CFA qualifications will be viewed favourably but are not essential.
- The role could be suitable for a mid-level individual looking to be challenged by a more senior and client facing role or an individual looking for exposure to a more diverse range of asset classes.