Equity Research Associate - European Consumer
We are looking for a Research Associate to join our highly ranked European Consumer team in London, covering companies such as Beiersdorf, Henkel, L’Oréal, and Reckitt Benckiser. Our teams are small in number, and you will have a high level of responsibility and be empowered to make an important contribution.
As a Research Associate on the European Consumer team you will:
- Acquire expertise in your sector working with a Senior Analyst who is a seasoned industry expert
- Become adept at in-depth analysis of your industry and companies
- Contribute to our highly differentiated written product
- Build relationships with company managements, as well as sales, trading and institutional clients
We make a strong commitment to Associate development and give you opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and incremental responsibility. While our culture is intellectually rigorous, it is also very collegial and fun – Associates participate in a range of activities including philanthropy, development and leadership programmes, social events, mentoring and annual on- and off-sites.
Our Research Associates typically possess:
- A 1st class or 2:1 undergraduate degree in a relevant academic subject such as Economics, Mathematics, the Sciences or Engineering from a university that is widely recognised as being ranked within the top 10-20 institutions in its field
- Excellent broad-based analytical skills; outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong quantitative backgrounds (may have credentials such as the CFA, ACA or CPA)
- Experience of financial analysis
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level
We look for consummate team players who seek a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development. These are typically 3-5 year positions with outstanding growth potential. Historically, our associate positions have proven to be excellent platforms for successful professional careers in investing.