Life Sciences Equity Analyst
We are currently representing a $500m AUM family office. They are looking to add a Healthcare / Life Sciences focused Analyst to their team here in London.
- Excellent academic credentials required, including at least a Bachelor's Degree in Natural Science(s) or relevant.
- Pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience required.
- Must come from either Private Equity or Equity Research
- Additional knowledge of human physiological systems and medicine preferred.
- CFA qualification desirable but not essential.
- Intellectually flexible and commercially savvy.
- Strong analytical skills and an independent thinker.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel (in the UK and internationally).
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Working alongside the CIO re-management of the portfolio. For example, daily meetings discussing asset allocation, risk management, stock preferences and potential trade ideas.
- Generating investment and financial reports for new deals and preparing presentations for Senior Management, as well as reviewing the current investment pipeline on a quarterly basis.
- Covering mainly US stocks with coverage of: Big Pharma, large biotech, medical devices, CDMOs and life science tools
- Carrying out extensive research to advise about investing in securities and industry sectors.
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of prospective investments in the biomedical space, preparing financial models and valuations. Clearly presenting these analyses to Senior Management for prospective investment.
- Within the primary markets, sourcing and conducting due diligence on prospective Venture Capital and Private Equity investment opportunities. This includes building strong relationships with GPs/ Investors/ Consultants/ Advisors.
- Attending conferences and seminars to keep up-to-date with the latest information/trends.