Senior Wealth Investment Consultant
1 day left
Mercer Canada is seeking a Senior Wealth Investment Consultant based in our Toronto office
What can you expect?
- The Senior Associate focuses on ensuring Mercer delivers customized investment consulting services to clients with an emphasis on the efficient implementation of standard solutions, but the ability to contribute to the delivery of more complex solutions as well.
- The Senior Associate also manages and develops analysts on internal client teams to ensure operational excellence and efficiency, and participates in selling Mercer services and solutions to existing clients.
- To fulfill this role, the Senior Associate will be the lead consultant on small clients and/or second on medium to large clients, and may also play a key role on some of our largest clients. This entails having shared responsibility for the Wealth business’ client relationship and client financials.
What is in it for you?
- At Mercer, we’re as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. To help you reach your full potential, we offer a culture, benefits and resources that support your wellbeing and career development.
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest and most energetic people in the industry, who will nurture, challenge and enable you.
- A dynamic, collaborative and inclusive culture, where diversity is embraced – and you are celebrated and appreciated for who you are.
- The opportunity to network, share views, and learn from others by getting involved with our Business Resource Groups: PRIDE, Women@Mercer, Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network.
- The chance to make a positive difference in your local community by using your paid time off to volunteer through events organized by Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism BRG.
- A huge variety of virtual learning and development resources to support your personal and professional growth.
- Competitive rewards supporting your financial wellbeing, including compensation, retirement savings, stock purchase plan, and more.
- Offerings geared at your overall wellness, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and fitness benefits, as well as life insurance and child and elder care programs.
- Generous paid time off and a flexible work schedule that accommodates your home life and commitments outside of work.
We will count on you to:
- Be a member of the Asset Liability Modelling group in Toronto.
- Deliver investment consulting advice and services to advisory and OCIO (Outsourced Chief Investment Officer) clients and be a key project manager for activity on larger clients
- Act as the main point of contact for the client on some client teams or projects.
- Liaise with other lines of business and/or other geographies to coordinate service delivery
- Project manage investment performance monitoring, investment manager searches, asset liability studies and other investment related projects.
- Delegate, manage, and review analysis and client work by analysts. Act as final technical review for client projects.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets
- Prepare client invoices
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
- 6+ years pension-related work experience, preferably in a Consulting environment
- Successful client relationship experience
- Candidate should have a desire to learn the technical aspects of ALMs along with learning how to present ALMs.
- Ability to project manage asset liability studies
- Proven project management experience
- Very strong analytical skills
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong independence but also a collegial team player
- Willingness to share ideas and voice opinions
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Strong communication skills
What makes you stand out:
- Willingness to learn and to think outside of the box
- ALM technical expertise or aptitude would be an asset but not required
- CFA designation or working toward is an asset.