Vice President, Senior Analys
Moody’s Investors Service (MIS) is a renowned organization, one well recognized for its unparalleled thought leadership and global financial credit ratings expertise, which it has provided for over 100 years. Our views and ratings inform and drive better decision making within financial markets. Our analysts play a crucial role in identifying key risks and strengths in their industry and credit portfolios, using rigorous standards to understand fundamental credit dynamics. Investors and other key stakeholders leverage this input to help drive better investment and credit decisions. Our continually expanding initiatives include a deeper focus on Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) expertise, which reinforces our position as a leading provider of credit ratings, research and risk analysis. MIS continues to earn numerous industry awards from capital market investors, a recognition of the top-quality analysis and expertise Moody’s contributes to transparent and integrated global financial markets.
Our Corporate Finance Group (CFG) is hiring a Vice President, Senior Analyst who will manage a portfolio of diverse, investment and speculative-grade companies across a range of industries. This is a high-profile opportunity for someone who is passionate about leveraging their credit and analytic acumen, while engaging with C-suite executives, finance and credit specialists, internally and externally.
What you will do in this role:
You will articulate well-formed credit views to the company and the broader marketplace. Your research, along with targeted outreach, will enhance Moody’s relevance and expand our brand and reputation as a trusted source. You will also promote and embody the highest ethical and performance standards in your research.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Credit Analysis and Research:
- Manage a portfolio and maintain accurate ratings through rigorous and timely credit analysis; this includes incorporating evolving factors such as corporate capital structures, ever-changing business conditions and ESG considerations, and presenting these findings to rating committees
- Provide forward-looking views with a high degree of transparency to investors and other market participants
- Publish these views in a range of research reports and recurring credit opinions that articulate each company’s credit risk
- Cultivate external market relationships, and respond to market requests
- Build rapport with company management teams and engage regularly with investors, intermediaries and the media, communicating critical credit views and demonstrating deep industry and company knowledge
- Collaborate at all levels within the organization and be responsible for coaching junior associates and developing their credit skills
- Manage and foster relationships with the highest level of professional integrity, transparency and fairness
- Participate in and/or lead special projects to advance the broader organization’s strategic objectives, which include solidifying Moody’s market position, enhancing operations, developing talent, and growing the business
Key Success Attributes:
- Technical skills in cash flow-based analysis and relative positioning
- Sound judgment resulting in timely outcomes, even with imperfect information
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty, thoroughness, and sound judgment and the ability to work alone
- Collaborate and communicate to ensure a free exchange of ideas and perspectives in an inclusive, open-minded and diverse environment
- Diligence, sense of urgency, efficiency, responsibility and a sense of ownership
- Commitment to continually learn and grow; testing the status quo while respecting and considering others’ views
- Team-oriented focus; passionate about caring for and inspiring others, sharing constructive feedback and views, all while being authentic
- Engagement with global and multi-cultural awareness; bring a diverse and inclusive lens to your work
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Technological literacy; willingness and ability to adapt and incorporate multiple tools
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required and Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of relevant credit and financial analysis experience
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.