Overall job objective(s)
- Act as the Branch’s subject expert matter and help meeting ESG-related objectives.
- Provide guidance on ESG standards, relevant data and liaise with the Group’s ESG team to meet any further requirements.
- Perform ESG analyses, from trade inception and contribute to the ESG approval process.
- Ensure that ESG are consistently applied by the Front Office.
- To undertake external training courses / self-training in ESG / Sustainable Finance.
- To participate in internal and industry ESG related working groups and panels.
- To provide back up for corporate lending middle office tasks with training to be provided.
Main tasks and responsibilities
ESG On-boarding and Portfolio Monitoring
- Perform ESG assessments and manage the internal approval process.
- Participate in the on-boarding process (e.g. preparation work, screening, research, etc.).
- Provide support in ESG and wider on-boarding data collection.
- Design, produce, report and monitor ESG KPIs.
- Provide Back up for corporate lending middle office tasks with training to be provided.
ESG Framework and Risk Management
- Transpose and enforce Group ESG policies and procedures, and clarify and interpret when required.
- Ensure that Front-Office staff are promptly informed of, and apply new/revised operating procedures.
- Provide support with internal and external ESG standards, relevant data and KRIs to the Front Office.
- Ensure adequate data quality and audit trail, including CRM system inputs.
- Manage ESG-related remediation exercise as and when required.
Risk and compliance culture
- Adhere to the Group’s compliance related policies and procedures such as anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML-CFT), conduct rules, conflict of interest, data protection, gifts and entertainment, market abuse, personal account dealing, safety and security, tax evasion, whistleblowing, etc.
- Partake in strengthening the branch’s risk and compliance culture (i.e. write and implement policies, design trainings, update Questions & Answers, etc.) in collaboration with the Senior Management and business units.
Typical profile and skillset
- Relevant University Degree.
- Previous experience in ESG investing, ESG analysis, ESG rating agency, or Sustainability Finance.
- Displays professional behaviour, positive attitude and integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to manage and prioritise numerous duties and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to assess compliance against IFC standards and with laws, regulations and internal standards.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word and Excel).