The Equity Analyst will perform fundamental analysis of equity securities including financial statement and industry analysis and risk identification, primarily supporting U.S. Small Cap strategies. The successful applicant will make a significant contribution to the equity portfolio management process. This will include research, idea generation, and client communication. Will diligently follow compliance standards, maintain appropriate records, and always act in the best interest of clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess industry dynamics and identify leading businesses
- Develop and maintain knowledge of industry sectors
- Perform extensive financial analysis
- Prepare research reports as well as written and verbal presentations on research findings. Make portfolio recommendations based on findings
- Establish and maintain relationships with investor contacts, including Wall Street brokers and analysts, company contacts and client contacts
- Handle relationships with investor contacts, including Wall Street brokers and analysts & company and client contacts
- Maintain compliance with all company policies
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or CFA is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of domestic equity analysis experience
- Previous experience with equity investments and competitive analysis of companies
- Knowledge of accounting and financial statements; ability to understand and construct financial models
- Knowledge of industry sectors – the factors which drive cycles, the differentiators within the industry, the various peer groups and the relative positions of our holdings within their peer groups
- Ability to explain rationale for over/underweighting industry and relative valuation of companies within an industry.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing, as the analyst must stay current on individual companies we hold in our portfolio and to screen for new ideas which should be vetted.
- Skills in writing for company reports and other communication, and in oral presentation for explaining and recommending equities for our portfolios.
- Skill with computer-based information systems, including Excel, Bloomberg and Factset.
Travel as needed.