Equity Research Analyst, Global Listings
- Europe, Africa, Middle East
- Commensurate with education and experience.
- 18 Mar 2022
- 17 May 2022
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Employment Type
- Full Time
We are looking for Equity Research Analysts with financial modeling expertise gained through experience in equity research, investment management, or FP&A settings. Have an immediate impact on our business by driving the growth of our global team footprint and coverage universe.
Location: We are in the early stages of growing our Research operation outside of North America and are currently open to remote applicants from Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Independently build and review detailed financial models on both existing and new coverage across all global geographies
- Develop and maintain sector and subsector expertise to inform model construction and review
- Learn and apply best practices developed by sector specialists in our Coverage and Model Development teams
- Model corporate events such as tuck-in acquisitions, mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, incremental company investments or projects, restructurings, financings, etc.
- Provide exceptional client service to all Canalyst clients
- Mentor one or more Associates, providing detailed feedback on builds reviewed
- Conduct other ad-hoc general research and other company due diligence
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 4+ years experience in equity research, investment management, FP&A or equivalent experience
- Strong financial modeling & Microsoft Excel skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- MBA or graduate degree in finance or related field an asset
- Completion or progress towards a CFA or CPA an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Highly team-oriented
- High integrity
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- In depth sector-specific knowledge an asset
- Leadership experience an asset
Canalyst is the leading destination for public company data and analysis. The company’s SaaS platform provides instant access to the cleanest, richest, best structured fundamental data and models on global public companies. Hundreds of firms across financial services and corporate markets globally rely on Canalyst to drive efficiency across their teams and to ground their financial analysis on sound fundamental data. Founded in 2015, Canalyst has offices in New York and Vancouver, with remote teams working across the globe.