Asset Management Operations Business Analyst / Aladdin / Operational Change / Trade Operations / Ass
Overview of role
Experience and Skills
- Develop relationships with stakeholders in the Operations teams to ensure effective communication and delivery of the team's responsibilities.
- Understand business requirements and propose options that allow the Operations teams to extract the greatest value from Aladdin.
- Establish a deep knowledge of Aladdin functionality within the team and across the functions operating on the system.
- Participate in project initiatives ensuring that changes to the Investment platform and associated business processes are carefully understood and implemented.
- Collaborate with Operations teams to ensure BRS have an up to date list of Aladdin enhancement requirements and that these are well defined, prioritised and clearly understood.
- Assist in defining operating requirements for BAU, new business, new products, and new instruments.
- Support resolution of any relevant operational issues with other process owners (both 'upstream' and 'downstream') as they arise.
- Facilitate the escalation of critical production issues with BRS and internal Operations teams.
- Oversee and report performance against agreed service levels.
- Work in partnership with Technology teams to define and deliver functionality outside Aladdin where specific requirements / services levels cannot be met by Aladdin.
- Provide input into strategic platform enhancements and target operating model definition.
- Challenge thinking and innovate - identify potential efficiency gains deriving from process re-engineering/process automation & org structure/best use of resources
- Promote best practice and consistency across Operations functions and regions.
- Reduce operational risk by leveraging usage of Aladdin platform
- Provide support to other areas across the team where demand dictates.
Experience and Skills
- Experience working in an asset manager or similar organisation, either on operational change initiatives or having worked directly in operations functions (i.e., Reconciliations, Trade Operations, Asset Servicing or Cash Operations).
- Previous project work experience would be of added value in this role.
- Experience working on Aladdin and in particular on applications such as Dashboard, ADAM, CAM, Trade Entry and Aladdin View is beneficial.
- Experience working with external vendors / third party suppliers also beneficial.
- Confidence to engage in discussions with colleagues across the investment, operations, change and technology functions. It is important to be able to challenge and direct discussions as part of this.
- Strong understanding of business processes, technology and data management as part of the investment lifecycle.
- Ability to negotiate pragmatic solutions that meet conflicting business requirements.
- Good technical knowledge and ability to translate between IT and the business.
- Awareness of full project life cycle including defining user requirements, defining test scenarios and user acceptance testing.
- Strong inter-personal and organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.