ABF Product Controller - Investment Bank - London (1 year FTC)
2 days left
- Produce daily P&L reports and explanation of P&L.
- Complete analysis of daily P&L and provide daily financial commentary.
- Flash versus actual reporting analysis.
- Ensure accuracy of multiple legal entities' booking and accounting to ensure integrity for reporting requirements.
- Maintain documentary control processes to provide assurance that all policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Participate in the month end closing process, including reconciliation of daily P&Ls back to the GL, and posting of journal entries to ensure consistency with US GAAP.
- Ensure daily P&L and general ledger are consistent with corporate accounting policy.
- Produce monthly financial reports, including P&L and balance sheet.
- Analyse monthly financial results to support reported figures, including exposures, yield, and trading results.
- Conduct monthly balance sheet substantiation as well as regular price/valuation reviews consistent with corporate policy.
- Conduct monthly pricing and ageing analysis of entire portfolio.
- Assist the rest of product control and other team members on ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
- Ad hoc cover and support for the daily P&L production for other lines of businesses.
- Drive P&L production re-engineering and controls enhancements
- Liaison with trading business, Middle Office, Risk and various other teams to resolve trade and P&L exceptions.
- Qualified accountant (or by experience).
- Team player with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Significant financial services experience.
- Product control experience within asset backed securities, or other credit or fixed income securities.
- Knowledge of fixed income, ABS and credit derivative products.
- Results focused, organised and efficient.
- Proven track record of driving change in a controlled environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Access