Product Controller (Treasury) - Investment Bank - London (1 year FTC)
- Produce daily P&L and currency exposure reports for subsystem based portfolios.
- Complete analysis of daily P&L and provide daily financial commentary.
- Ensure accuracy of multiple legal entities' booking and accounting to ensure integrity for reporting requirements.
- Maintain documentary control processes to provide assurance that all policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Participate in the month end closing process, including reconciliation of daily P&Ls back to the GL and posting of journal entries to ensure consistency with US GAAP / IFRS.
- Ensure daily P&L and general ledger is consistent with corporate accounting policy.
- Produce monthly financial reports, including P&L and balance sheet.
- Analyse monthly financial results to support reported figures, including yield, margin and trading results.
- Conduct monthly balance sheet substantiation as well as regular price/valuation reviews consistent with corporate policy.
- Assist the Head of EMEA product Control and other team members on ad hoc tasks and projects as required
- Ad hoc cover and support for the daily P&L production for other lines of businesses.
- Drive P&L production re-engineering and controls enhancements.
- Liaison with desk, middle office, and back office to resolve trade and P&L exceptions.
- Qualified accountant (or by experience)
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Significant financial services experience
- Experience of treasury and currency reporting would be advantageous
- Knowledge of money market, FX, and derivative products
- Results focused, organised and efficient
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft office, particularly Excel and Access