Client Services Administrator (9 month FTC)
Other relevant information
- This role is 9-month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be working closely with one or more Private Client Managers (PCMs) to provide support for new and existing Discretionary, Wealth Management and Family Office clients.
- Support the PCT Directors in ensuring the annual ongoing suitability targets are met by setting up meetings, attend taking meeting notes where required and completing the relevant post meeting documentation and Statement of Suitability (SOS) for final review
- Support the PCT Directors with initial suitability reports (transfer analysis) across GIAs' and ISA's for new and existing clients
- Take responsibility to ensure that all client communication is accurate, appropriate & delivered at the right time, to include emails, letters and reports
- Maintain and update client data across systems on a regular basis through fact finds and client meetings
- Manage own workloads and that of the PCM to ensure the best client experience is provided
- After appropriate training, the Associate will be required to take dealing instructions directly from clients and the Directors for ongoing placement
- After appropriate training , ongoing portfolio management of unitised clients for fees and withdrawals
- Help to input, manipulate and maintain prospect data on Xplan, monitor prospects, generate initial reports and open accounts
- Liaise closely with PCT Client Servicing Team and members of 7IM's Operations team to ensure full communication and understanding, minimising errors and maximising service levels
- Participate in any projects and relevant business initiatives when required
- Continually look at ways to enhance operational systems and procedures to maximise efficiencies eg Xplan
- Continually suggesting realistic & appropriate improvements and solutions to problems with the Head of Operations (Edinburgh) Filing, in accordance with 7IM and FCA procedures
- Subscribing to 7IMs declared Mission and Tenets, & to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) initiatives
- Ensure the 7IM VPVPs (Vision, Purpose, Values and Personalities) are followed throughout your working practices
- Other duties, as reasonably required by the line manager and 7IM
- Accuracy, thoroughness & attention to detail in order to maintain the highest levels of service
- Client focused, with ability to ensure that necessary actions are taken to service clients whilst maintaining positive relationships externally & internally
- Systems learning skills to be able to rapidly understand & use appropriate systems, including accurate inputting of detailed data across a number of different screens and software packages
- Written skills, in order to clearly, concisely and thoroughly present information to clients and PCMs
- Numeracy skills in order to understand, process & check a range of data
- Telephone answering, rapport and relationship building skills in order to rapidly establish a high level of trust with clients and PCMs & colleagues across the company
- Ability to manage expectations & demonstrate a high level of ownership, competence, reliability & responsiveness
- Planning & organisation skills to maximise operational efficiency & service, including appropriate prioritisation
- Flexibility & innovative mindset, in order to be able to handle & support changing, and sometimes conflicting, needs & demands, & to continually improve working practices
- Resilience in order to manage conflicting priorities & demands, ambiguity and demanding work loads
- Personal development focus, taking responsibility (with 7IM) for driving forward both personal & professional development, in order to maximise effectiveness in this demanding role, and to grow within the role, and beyond
- Understanding of the annual FCA ongoing suitability process and experience providing support with this
- Knowledge of Pershing Nexus and Xplan systems & procedures would be beneficial
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Financial Services company
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft office applications specifically Excel
- Candidates must demonstrate numeracy & literacy skills to at least A level/Higher standard
- An industry relevant examination such as CISI IAD / CISI IOC Qualification or working towards this is desired but not essential
Other relevant information
- Reports into the Head of Operations (Edinburgh)
The '7' in 7IM refers to the seven original founders of the business. Back in 2002, they couldn't find a firm they trusted to manage their families' money properly - big banks seemed impersonal and greedy, while most boutiques lacked the necessary investment process and structure. They started the kind of organisation they'd like to invest with themselves.
Their aim was to deliver steady returns over the long term, while keeping an eye on risk, using the best technology. They wanted everyone to have access to the kind of service and expertise that institutional investors would expect.
We've evolved since then. In 2015 Caledonia Investments joined us as a major shareholder. In 2018 we acquired Tcam Asset Management, a firm we felt closely aligned with our investment philosophies and multi-asset approach. In 2020 we continued our long-term growth strategy and acquired the award winning London based financial planning firm Partners Wealth Management (PWM). PWM will continue to operate as an independent company, retaining its brand, identity and leadership.
Our team, our clients and our funds under management have grown steadily over the years. From our offices in London, Edinburgh and Jersey, more than 400 talented people manage over £19 billion for a range of clients, including individuals and families, financial advisers, corporates, charities and trustees.
We still follow our founders' plan and aim to get the simple things right all wrapped up with real, honest, human service - that's what sets us apart from everyone else.