Financial Crime Technology/Systems Lead
Are you a natural leader that can own the oversight of all FCC Systems, particularly in relation to Transaction Monitoring & Sanctions Screening. Acting as a SME for list management you will ensure the tools produce quality alerts using rule coding, tuning and optimisation. As the lead, you will be responsible for heading up the function, line management and building the team out. This is a great opportunity to work for an innovatice, fowardthinking and revolutionary FinTech.
- Responsible for creating anti-money laundering rules within the current tool, to help identify potential money laundering as well as the tuning of these rules/optimisation of the system
- Responsible for creating payment sanctions screening rules to identify potential avoidance of sanctioned targets
- Manage accesss for the financial crime team and others to systems, SharePoint site and PowerBI reports
- Develop the PowerBI dashboards to allow the team to extract data from the data lake directly
- Extract data directly from the data lake using SQL for tuning/optimisation purposes
- Support the introduction of a new AML system and the migration of rules to the new payment sanctions screening tool
- Complete control testing activities as defined in the Risk Controls Self-Assessment
- Manage work allocation/prioritisation across the team
- Have a deep understanding of the risks within correspondent banking and experience in detection and mitigation of such risk
- Assist with building Financial Crime / sanctions and money laundering typologies knowledge within the team and across the wider business.
- Conduct complex analysis using large data sets to identify unusual themes and patterns
- Apply strong technical and regulatory knowledge to identify potential control / risk issues
- Strong knowledge of financial crime control frameworks and regulatory standards.
- Strong knowledge of sectors such as money remittance, electronic money, APIs, Cryptocurrency firms, and merchant acquirers.
- Significant knowledge of UK and EU AML/CTF legislation (international AML/CTF knowledge is advantageous)
- Significant knowledge of money laundering typologies across a range of products and services in financial services along with a strong background in sanctions payment screening
- Significant experience dealing with complex business models, PEPs, sanctions and red flags
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to produce meaningful presentations and communicate/negotiate with key stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and good judgement
- Work to tight deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining high level of quality and competency
- A recognised AML / Sanctions / Fraud qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Strong SQL, Python skills desirable for dealing with large datasets but not essential
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills