Multi Asset Front Office Project Manager / Business Analyst / Aladdin / Portfolio Construction / Ord
Overview of role
Experience and Skills
- Partner closely with the Multi Asset Investment business, including investment, risk and product teams.
- Establish a deep knowledge of how Multi Asset use the Aladdin platform and other technology.
- Understand investment business requirements and propose solution options that allow the investment desk to extract the greatest value from Aladdin.
- Work in partnership with Technology teams to define and deliver functionality outside Aladdin where specific requirements / services levels cannot be met by Aladdin
- Participate in project initiatives ensuring that changes to the Investment platform and associated business processes are carefully understood and implemented.
- Drive scalability and efficiency improvements, reducing cost and complexity in the operating model
- Focus on data quality - ensure processes are aligned to maintain appropriate standard
- Reduce operational risk by leveraging usage of Aladdin platform
Overview of role
- Provide assistance to the Multi Asset teams operating on the investment platform, with primary focus on Aladdin. This involves establishing a deep knowledge of Aladdin functionality used by Multi Asset and working closely with Global Technology, Operations and BRS to provide comprehensive solutions.
- Define operating requirements for BAU, new products, instruments,
- Connect Multi Asset with the operational functions to deliver platform requirements across Operations, Technology and other teams.
- Support resolution of any relevant operational issues with other process owners (both 'upstream' and 'downstream') as they arise
- Manage the escalation of support issues with BRS and internal teams.
- Oversee and report performance against agreed service levels.
- Provide input into strategic platform enhancements and target operating model definition.
- Challenge thinking and innovate - identify potential efficiency gains deriving from process re-engineering/process automation & org structure/best use of resources
- Promote consistency and reduce complexity across mandates and processes with a view to streamlining and reducing exceptions
- Work in partnership with Technology Teams and Multi Asset business teams on the development of any in-house built technology/decommissioning of legacy systems
- Maximise the benefits available in Aladdin and clearly communicate enhancements/roadmap development items where there are gaps in Aladdin capabilities which are being fulfilled through user defined tools and operational processes.
Experience and Skills
- Experience working in an asset manager or similar organisation, with experience working directly with Multi Asset Investment teams (i.e. Fund Managers, Implementation Teams, Risk and Compliance teams).
- Strong understanding of Investment Workflows (Portfolio Construction and modelling , Target Management, Order Management and Execution).
- Appreciation of Portfolio Compliance and Risk functions and processes.
- Understanding of Investment Performance and attribution.
- Experience of BlackRock Aladdin platform or similar.
- Experience working with external vendors / third party suppliers also beneficial.
- Confidence to engage in discussions with colleagues across the investment, operations, change and technology functions. It is important to be able to challenge and direct discussions as part of this.
- Strong understanding of business processes, technology and data management as part of the investment lifecycle.
- Problem solving ability within a complex environment.
- Ability to define and document business requirements to a high standard. Experience with the appropriate methods and tools (i.e., BPML/UML hosting workshops, process flows, Visio).
- Ability to negotiate pragmatic solutions that meet conflicting business requirements.
- Good technical knowledge and ability to translate between IT and the business.
- Awareness of full project life cycle including defining user requirements, defining test scenarios and user acceptance testing.
- Strong inter-personal and organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.