Investment Analyst, Generalist
Investment Analyst, Generalist
Ellen Ellison, Chief Investment Officer
HICO Ventures Ltd. is the investment arm of a Singapore-based family-owned firm that invests in specialist private and public investment funds, technology, energy and hotels. Founded in 2021, HICO Ventures Ltd. invests across asset classes and employs both liquid and illiquid strategies.
HICO Ventures Ltd. is looking for an Investment Analyst role to join the HICO Investment Team. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a new organization building a multi -asset class portfolio that includes a range of investment managers and direct investments. The position will report to Ellen Ellison, Chief Investment Officer, and work alongside a small, collegial, and results-orientated Investment Team of less than six employees. Over the next five years the Analyst will be instrumental in constructing a green-field endowment model portfolio, overseeing the full life cycle of investment managers and direct investments. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside world class investors building a new investment organization and portfolio.
The investment analyst will work closely with the senior members of the HICO Ventures Ltd. Investment Team to carry out various activities related to executing the investment strategy and managing the enterprise assets. The role’s responsibilities will include evaluation and diligence of potential investments, monitoring existing investments and investment managers, analyzing portfolio performance and risk, and supporting the operational requirements of the Investment Team. HICO's Investment Analyst will be a key member of the Investment Team, translating investment strategies into workflows, supporting their execution (including supervising other analysts) and interacting independently with external stakeholders over me and with greater tenure. The position requires a flexible thinker who enjoys working across a wide range of activities and wants to deepen their knowledge of multi -asset class investing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Chief Investment Officer and other Directors and Associates in all aspects of managing the portfolio(s) including operational and reporting responsibilities
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research and analysis of global investment opportunities
- Participate in ongoing monitoring and assessment of existing portfolio investments
- Evaluate prospective new investment managers and strategies
- Conduct introductory meetings with prospective managers independently if asked
- Assist in the preparation of materials for meetings of the Investment Committee and other constituents as needed, and interact with and support other requests for information from family clients
- Engage in discussions regarding asset allocation, risk management, portfolio analytics and other elements of portfolio construction
- Manage internal stakeholders and escalation of information and decisions
- Travel to investment manager meetings, as much as, but not limited to, two weeks per month outside of the UK
- Take personal ownership to execute ambiguous projects with significant autonomy
- High standards of excellence
- Attention to detail
- Strong collaboration ability and team player
- Self-starter who identifies potential areas to assist before being asked
- Ability to think critically, analyze and summarize difficult concepts
- Intellectual curiosity and high tolerance for ambiguity
- Humility: there are often no right answers
- Ability to take constructive criticism without offence
- Communication skills: written and presentation
- A minimum of three years of relevant working experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic track record is required from any discipline
- Passion for investments and financial markets
- Demonstrated analytical ability, both quantitative and qualitative
- Proven record of ability to work alongside a small, entrepreneurial team in an open and collegial environment that stresses continuous learning and lack of ego
- Effective presentation skills (written and oral) and the ability to conduct a healthy dialogue with key internal and external constituents and clients
- High intellectual standards and strong ethical and moral compass at all times
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Proven experience in working at an asset manager, investment consultant, investment banking, family office, endowment or foundation
- Completion of or progress towards obtaining CFA and/or master’s degree preferred.
- Desire to work as a generalist exposed to a wide variety of assets, strategies and concepts
- Understanding of what it means to be a good steward of capital as a fiduciary.
JOB ADVERTISEMENT POSTING
The Investment Analyst position is a newly created role that will work closely with the senior members of the HICO Ventures Ltd. Investment Office on all aspects of managing a global, multi -asset class investment pool for the benefit of the family enterprise and clients. Primary responsibilities include monitoring existing relationships, evaluating prospective investments, performing ad-hoc analyses as needed, and providing ongoing support and coordination for operational needs. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside world class investors building a new investment organization and portfolio.
To apply, a CV and cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com prior to June 10th, 2022
More searches like this
- Banking Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Masters
- Corporate Finance Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Masters
- Operations Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Masters