Fund Accounting & Performance Business Analyst / Project Manager / Asset Management / Accounting Ope
5 days left
Overview of role
Experience and Skills
- Understand business requirements and propose options that allow the Accounting & Performance teams to extract the greatest value from Aladdin Accounting.
- Coordinate with BRS and business stakeholders to prioritise and manage BAU Aladdin queries and enhancement queue
- Be the escalation point to BRS where Aladdin platform related issue or incident occur
- Work in partnership with Technology teams to define and deliver functionality outside Aladdin where specific requirements / services levels cannot be met by Aladdin
- Drive scalability and efficiency improvements, reducing cost and complexity in the operating model
- Focus on data quality - ensure processes are aligned to maintain appropriate standard
- Reduce operational risk by leveraging usage of Aladdin platform
Overview of role
- Partner with Accounting and Performance teams operating on the investment platform, with primary focus on Aladdin Accounting. This involves establishing a deep knowledge of Aladdin Accounting functionality used by all teams and working closely with Global Technology, Operations and BRS to provide comprehensive solutions.
- Partner with BRS and business stakeholders to align Aladdin Accounting platform BAU support with the global Aladdin support model in placed.
- Maximise the benefits available in Aladdin Accounting and clearly communicate enhancements/roadmap development items where there are gaps in Aladdin capabilities which are being fulfilled through user defined tools and operational processes.
- Work in partnership with Technology and Operations Change functions on the development of any in-house built technology/decommissioning of legacy systems.
- Assist to define operating requirements for BAU, new business, new products, and new instruments with focus on Aladdin.
- Appraise proposed change on the platform and ensure there is no detrimental affect to the Accounting and Performance teams current processes
- Provide input into strategic platform enhancements and target operating model definition.
- Challenge thinking and innovate - identify potential efficiency gains deriving from process re-engineering/process automation & organisation structure/best use of resources.
- Promote consistency and reduce complexity across mandates and processes with a view to streamlining and reducing exceptions.
- Provide support to other areas across the team where demand dictates.
Experience and Skills
- Experience working in an asset manager or similar organisation, ideally with strong knowledge of accounting, performance and operations.
- Familiarity with broad range of investment products and instruments.
- Confidence to engage in discussions with colleagues across the investment, operations, change and technology functions. It is important to be able to challenge and direct discussions as part of this.
- Strong understanding of business processes, technology and data management as part of the investment lifecycle.
- Problem solving ability within a complex environment.
- Ability to negotiate pragmatic solutions that meet conflicting business requirements.
- Good technical knowledge and ability to translate between IT and the business.
- Ability to define and document business requirements to a high standard. Experience with the appropriate methods and tools (i.e., BPML/UML hosting workshops, process flows using Visio).
- Experience of full project life cycle including defining user requirements, defining test scenarios and user acceptance testing.
- Strong inter-personal and organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.
- Experience with Aladdin and Aladdin Accounting is preferred but not essential.