Business Control & Governance Analyst
2 days left
- Continuously promoting a positive first line risk culture among UK, Europe, Americas and Asia front office Portfolio Management and Client Group staff.
- Act as a key contact for FO staff to understand their regulatory and internal control framework requirements, both on an ad-hoc basis and formally as part of first line controls trainings
- Global monitoring of adherence to the target control model and Front Office policies
- Providing input and coordination on periodic reviews of Core Front Office Policies and Front Office Controls testing procedures
- Ownership of the production of key Risk & Control MI, presenting to Senior Management at key Core Control Committees and Forums
- Maintaining and assisting in the development of AXA IM Core's first line Governance & Committee Structure
- Act as the first point of contact/gatekeeper of all incoming market soundings for AXA IM Core with responsibility for the coordination and documentation of market soundings to ensure processes are followed, information is managed appropriately, and records are maintained for each sounding.
- Supporting the Business Control & Governance Manager with any Compliance, Audit or Risk led thematic or regulatory reviews and projects for AXA IM Core
- Supporting the Business Control & Governance Manager on change management projects with Technology to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness, resilience and scalability of controls, control testing and annual training activities
- Day-to-day interaction with Investment teams, trading desks and working with global Risk & Compliance functions acting as a front-to-back liaison between front and middle office teams on behalf of the AXA IM Core business.
- Excellent English skills required
- At least a 2.1 achieved, ideally in a finance or economics-based degree
- Preferably 1-2 years' experience acquired either via placement or graduate roles
- Ideally experience in in financial services role(s) with a control/governance/audit/compliance/consultancy background within asset management or banking would be beneficial
- Ability to build key relationships with senior Front office staff as well as global Risk & Compliance teams
- Ideally has a good understanding of trading/investment processes and how capital markets operate
- Ideally has experience of testing of controls / implementation of control frameworks
- Must be highly flexible, organised, independent and solutions-oriented
- High level of integrity with exemplary conduct, attention to detail and an excellent understanding of risks