A value-oriented investment firm with a particular focus on making concentrated, long-term investments in excellent businesses managed by superior operators and capital allocators is looking to hire an Analyst to expand its investment team. The firm invests across asset classes, evaluating public and private opportunities globally on a risk-adjusted basis. The firm has a rigorous, disciplined and research-intensive investment approach. The firm was founded in 1978, is based in Central London and manages $2bn.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on individual with a passion for investing who has a demonstrated ability to perform in-depth analysis of target companies using their accounting knowledge and advanced financial modelling skills. The candidate will be monitoring existing and potential investments including ongoing modelling and monitoring of company news / announcements and market events. The candidate should be flexible and able to adapt to other special projects as they arise.
This role will suit an intellectually curious individual with an entrepreneurial attitude who is looking to be part of a continuously improving team and who wants to excel within a small firm with a partnership approach.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree-qualified, with exceptional academics
- 1-3y in a relevant banking, private equity, hedge fund, research or consulting analyst role
- Prior company modelling experience
- US markets / US GAAP experience preferable – but not required
Knowledge / Skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Extremely strong Excel Highly numerate with strong analytic skills and the ability to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to analyse a variety of information and to quickly draw relevant conclusions
- Desire and ability to grow and build career at the firm
- Motivated to learn new skills and apply new solutions, and to make existing solutions more effective and efficient
- Intelligence, energy, character and highest levels of ethics
- Ability to not only work independently with little direct supervision but also able to coordinate own activities with others to achieve individual, team and firm goals
- Able to determine priorities, plan, organise and follow-through on assignments whilst working to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to summarise and communicate conclusions effectively
- Professional appearance and presentation
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and a covering letter to CLTDHRTeam@gmail.com. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.