Product Development Manager (9 month FTC)
The Ideal Candidate
- Ensuring that comprehensive product proposals for new products and product changes are produced to a high and consistent standard with appropriate input and review form relevant stakeholders.
- Leading and briefing in relevant market, product and competitor analysis to support proposals.
- Presenting proposals for approval at the product governance committees and fund boards as required.
- Project managing the implementation of product initiatives, including maintaining detailed project plans, minutes and information flow to members of the project group. Working with the relevant investment, distribution, legal, compliance, risk and operations teams to ensure that new product and product changes are fit for purpose and delivered in a controlled, effective manner.
- Input to the preparation and presentation of relevant reports and updates on product development activity to internal stakeholders, governance committees and fund boards.
- Assisting the Head of Product Development & Management with handling and addressing ad hoc requests and issues that arise in the department.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a product role managing product development and product management initiatives eg fund launches, mergers and closures.
- Strong knowledge of the asset management industry, its commercial drivers and the clients it serves, and the distribution channels employed.
- A strong understanding of pooled product structures - in particular UCITS structures domiciled in Luxembourg, Ireland and the UK - and related product management, development and governance processes.
- A broad understanding of the key functions within an asset management business, including portfolio management, marketing and sales, operations, legal, compliance and risk.
- Experience co-ordinating and reviewing mutual fund prospectuses and scheme documentation and liaising with internal & external lawyers and oversight functions.
- Project management experience, including the execution of complex projects and the ability to run and manage working groups.
- Proven analytical skills and a focus on delivery and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. An ability to credibly liaise with senior management as well as develop good working relationships with at all levels across the organisation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- IMC qualification or equivalent preferable