Senior Data Engineer
- Do you want to develop data solutions, using cutting-edge technologies, that will improve services for millions of people?
- Ready for a Senior Data Engineering role at the heart of the UK's largest government department?
- Looking for 60% home working, pay up to £59,589, a pension worth over 27% of salary, flexible working hours and a great work-life balance?
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer join our community of experts in DWP Digital.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work and make payments worth over £195bn a year, to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services used by millions of people. We're using fresh ideas, big data and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Data. Work. Projects.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you'll be responsible for the creation and maintenance of analytics infrastructure, providing the foundations for DWP's data needs.
You'll be developing, constructing, maintaining and testing architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems, implementing data flows to connect operational systems, and writing and executing ETL scripts and codes.
You will be an integral part of our Data & Analytics team, delivering robust and accurate insights that help measure and improve performance across diverse services.
You'll work to deliver proactive, innovative and insightful data products using agile philosophies and cloud technologies.
The work you do, and the services you help build and modernise, will change how DWP works and tangibly improve the outcomes for millions of citizens across the country.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Advance development using SQL, T-SQL.
- History of leading on delivery and management of data solutions in Public Cloud e.g. Azure/AWS.
- Deep technical knowledge of building and deploying Relational Databases and Data Warehousing.
- Strong Experience of using stored procedures.
- Experience of designing, deploying, and managing data solutions with code.
- Experience of getting, modelling and surfacing data from multiple sources - using Power BI or similar.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle - a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community. We have great facilities including cafes, coffee shops, snack bars and restaurants, as well gym facilities, a 5-a-side football pitch and loads more.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We work a hybrid model, with around 60% home working.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £59,589.
You'll be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%.
You'll get a generous leave package starting at 26 days, plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off for volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.