Senior Analyst, Investment Compliance UK
- Join our expanding London office in Kings Cross
- Be part of our small, but growing Investment Compliance & Operational Risk Team
AustralianSuper is a leading and fast-growing global investor with operations in Australia, Asia, the United Kingdom, and United States. We are the largest superannuation (pension) fund in Australia, and one of the 24 largest pension funds globally, with nearly £150bn in members assets. We are a profit-to-member fund with a "Members first" ethos and culture.
Our London and New York offices, are significantly growing, currently consisting of 70 colleagues, will grow four-fold over the next three years. This enables the Fund to expand its global investment portfolio and build our international profile by having a permanent presence in Europe.
As part of AustralianSuper's international growth plans, we are seeking an Investment Compliance professional to undertake daily portfolio compliance activities, supporting the global operating model across investment teams.
Your new team
Our Investment Compliance and Operational Risk Team (ICOR) is the First Line Risk Team that supports the Investments and Finance & Operations Groups in meeting their compliance and operational risk management accountabilities.
The Team plays a key role in frameworks, policy and regulatory implementation, strategic projects and is dedicated to identifying efficient and effective ways to uplift the control environment.
Currently a team of two in London, with a Manager who has been working in the investment and compliance space for nearly 15 years, you will join them with a particular focus on investment compliance.
Based at 2 Pancras Square in Kings Cross, which is part of the Kings Cross redevelopment project, one of our core, and most visible assets of our investment portfolio.
We encourage hybrid working and follow a blended model of both office and home working. We also offer flexible working where needed as there will be meetings with the team in Australia on different occasions.
Your new role
Working with the different internal investment teams you will be:
- Leading on compliance monitoring for investments and reporting activities daily
- Monitoring and reviewing pre- and post-trade compliance issues
- Monitoring compliance violations and regulations across different jurisdictions
- Ensuring investment mandates are appropriately drafted and authorised
- Assisting Manager with information Barriers and/or Transaction Teams in the UK or US
- Help with internal Personal Trading policy queries
- Dealing with AML/KYC requirements
- Analysing alerts for market abuse and contributing to detection and prevention of misconduct
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience in investment compliance
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, as well as written and oral
- Previous exposure in a risk/compliance function dealing with first line of defence
- Familiar with working in financial services/investment environment
- Exceptional understanding of investment compliance and market regulations
What you will get in return:
You will work with a passionate team of People and Culture professionals, that enjoy what we do and the people we work with. We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit, and Excellent Outcomes. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper, and we are happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.