About The RolePurposeTo work as a member of a team tasked to ensure project deliveries match requirements and meet business expectations of the delivery. This will involve both managing SME testing and autonomous test activitiesResponsibilities Conduct detailed test preparation through the creation of test scenarios, scripts and cases using industry best practice techniques.
- Impact assess planned deliveries across all functional areas to establish suitable test coverage and regression implications
- Develop and maintain test scripts, conditions and supporting data
- Execution of tests
- Provide management and support during business SME testing
- Defect management and triage
- Liaison with managers/team SMEs of functional areas to ensure tests are in-line with current business practises
- Working with 3rd-party software suppliers when necessary
- Maintenance of test management reporting and control tools
- Report progress against plans, identify and track issues, ensure any changes are properly communicated
- Provide guidance in test principles, techniques and tools to other 7IM Team members.
- Build an effective working relationship across office locations; this will require occasional travel to other 7IM offices.
- Occasional support outside of office hours during release implementation.
- Being pre-emptive in recommendations for SDLC process improvements
About The Candidate
- Knowledge and experience of end-to-end system development process
- Practical experience of testing approaches and tools
- Strong communication skills
- Strong test lead experience
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Able to propose potential solutions to business/systems issues and achieve outcomes acceptable to all parties
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong self-discipline in autonomous working
- SQL skills desirable
- Experience of working on significant, time-critical systems implementations is required
- Proven track record of playing significant role in successfully delivering projects
- Experience of Financial Services or the Investment Management Industry is essential
- Good knowledge of component parts of the SDLC
- Experience of managing testing in a dynamic development environment
- Formal testing qualifications (ISTQB) is desirable
- Practical application of techniques is essential
About The Company
The '7' in 7IM refers to the seven original founders of the business. Back in 2002, they couldn't find a firm they trusted to manage their families' money properly - big banks seemed impersonal and greedy, while most boutiques lacked the necessary investment process and structure. They started the kind of organisation they'd like to invest with themselves.
Their aim was to deliver steady returns over the long term, while keeping an eye on risk, using the best technology. They wanted everyone to have access to the kind of service and expertise that institutional investors would expect.
We've evolved since then. In 2015 Caledonia Investments joined us as a major shareholder. In 2018 we acquired Tcam Asset Management, a firm we felt closely aligned with our investment philosophies and multi-asset approach. In 2020 we continued our long-term growth strategy and acquired the award winning London based financial planning firm Partners Wealth Management (PWM). PWM will continue to operate as an independent company, retaining its brand, identity and leadership.
Our team, our clients and our funds under management have grown steadily over the years. From our offices in London, Edinburgh and Jersey, more than 400 talented people manage over £19 billion for a range of clients, including individuals and families, financial advisers, corporates, charities and trustees.
We still follow our founders' plan and aim to get the simple things right all wrapped up with real, honest, human service - that's what sets us apart from everyone else.