Reporting Financial Accountant (VAT) - Investment Bank - London (9 Months)
- Organise and collate the Balance Sheet and Ageing attestation, which requires liaising with the EMEA Financial Controllers team. Review month-end general ledger balances against supporting documentation and the Controllers' reconciliations.
- Work closely with the EMEA Tax team to support the calculation of the amount the UK VAT Group can claim/pay HMRC in relation to their vatable expenses. This requires liaising with US counterparts, manipulating large data sets and performing analytical reviews
- Develop and perform financial control tasks including analytical review, transaction analysis, reconciliations, substantiation of GL balances, revenue analysis, cost analysis.
- Produce monthly/quarterly financial accounts for management and entity boards including business commentary.
- Produce monthly regulatory reports for Intercompany balances
- Regular posting of journals to reflect daily/monthly activity
- Participate in new projects or business initiatives and work with departments across the enterprise, including COO, Tax and Finance teams
- Ensure operational documentation is maintained
- Act as cover for team members
- In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, including other ad hoc reporting tasks as required
- Qualified accountant (ACA preferred) 3+ years PQE
- Degree educated
- An interest and understanding of the financial services industry and related products.
- Experience within dealer-broker/banking firms an advantage
- Strong excel skills with ability to develop efficient and well-controlled process.
- Works well within a team.
- Confident communicator at all levels in the organisation
- Intuitive, fast learner.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with a team structure.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good time management & organisational skills.