Investment Desk Assistant
WHEB Asset Management
WHEB is a pioneer in sustainable and impact investing. Our mission is ‘to advance sustainability and create prosperity through positive impact investments’. We do this through a single, long-only, global equity strategy, investing in companies that provide solutions to sustainability challenges. With a track record of over 15 years, we are one of the early innovators in listed equity impact investing.
Sustainability and impact investing define our whole business as well as the investment philosophy. As a Certified B Corporation, WHEB is part of a global movement of stakeholder businesses, which consider the impact of business decisions on our employees, clients, suppliers, the community, and the environment, as well as our shareholders. Our mission is supported by a strong culture and core values that guide our behaviour.
For more information about WHEB Asset Management see www.whebgroup.com.
Investment Desk Assistant
WHEB is seeking a full or part-time investment operations professional to join the team, based in London. The investment strategy employs a fundamental and long-term approach based on a deep understanding of the companies and industries that solve sustainability challenges.
You will be expected to work with the Investment Team to:
- Provide investment support through monitoring and managing positions across a small number of different strategies, across multiple portfolios and investment vehicles;
- Oversee a range of activities including but not limited to: initiation of trades, trade allocation, corporate actions, cash forecasts and exposures, on-boarding new markets and portfolios, monitoring pre- and post- trade compliance, and where necessary, liaising with the fair value pricing committee;
- Design a robust operating framework covering processes and controls, documentation and evidence of key control execution;
- Monitor trading costs and work with the investment team and outsourced dealing desk, to minimise market impact whilst facilitating the effective implementation of the strategy;
- Develop a deep understanding of our strategies and enable their efficient and compliant implementation;
- Lead evaluation of investment support systems and tools and recommend improvements where possible and appropriate.
You will also work closely with WHEB’s operations team to:
- Ensure error-free and efficient pre- and post-trade allocation and reconciliation;
- Provide accurate and timely information on planned trading activity, execution and settlement;
- Provide investment support and act as first point of contact with middle office, operations and compliance for investment related activity; and
- Contribute to the production of regular and ad hoc reporting, including trading and performance information.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have, as a minimum:
- significant experience in investment operations, as described above;
- a strong academic record ideally covering relevant skills including a numeracy and data analysis;
- strong attention to detail, and a responsible and positive approach;
- good organisational skills and ability to organise a varied workload; and
- excellent written and oral communication skills.
The successful applicant will also be able to demonstrate our values, in particular:
- Team work - work in a small, close-knit team, where challenge and reasoned discussion are expected and rewarded;
- Leadership - demonstrate leadership from an early stage, owning the relevant processes to support the smooth functioning of the broader investment team;
- Continuous Improvement – having a passion for progress and sharing learning;
- Passionate about Impact - a demonstrable understanding of – and passion for – sustainability; and
- Integrity – honest in approach and treat all stakeholders fairly.
Equal opportunities and flexible working
WHEB is an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. The role would best suit candidates able to work at least four days per week, of which at least two in our central London office, but we may be able to consider other arrangements. For more information on WHEB’s policies and culture please see https://www.whebgroup.com/about/working-at-wheb/
Applicants should send their CVs, along with a covering letter to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 25th November 2022. We regret that it may not be possible to contact unsuccessful applicants.