Relationship Manager - South West & Home County Region
This role willl manage, develop and service a panel of qualified existing / new IFAs and clients within the South Wales and West of England Region region, who utilise the 7IM Discretionary and Retirement Income Service (RIS)
Compliance and Conduct
- Work in conjunction with the regional Business Development Managers to sign-up new IFA firms to use the 7IM Discretionary and RIS services.
- Take the lead for Discretionary / RIS new business generation from a panel of new and existing IFA firms.
- Attend & present at new client meetings; conduct portfolio analysis and draw up investment proposals.
- Work towards meeting Discretionary / RIS gross new business targets.
- Identify, upsell and x-sell opportunities within the existing IFA panel.
- Prepare for, undertake and attend (when required) annual client reviews in order to retain existing business.
- Attend and hold regular IFA Meetings (in conjunction with BDMs, where relevant).
- Carry out portfolio restructuring & investment phasing work.
- Carry out annual client tax work involving CGTs / ISAs.
- Work towards meeting retention targets set on an annual basis.
- Deal with Client queries in a satisfactory manner.
Compliance and Conduct
- Keep annual client suitability up to date.
- Obtain annual CPD and Statement of Professional Standing.
- Undertake annual T&C, including product training and tests.
- Work towards competent sign off on an annual basis as part of the certification regime and adhere to the conduct rules.
- Attend and contribute to monthly regional meetings.
- Manage and mentor ARMs in regional team.
- People Management experience.
- Relationship building skills in order to rapidly establish a high level of trust with the clients, both in terms of professional and personal competence and trustworthiness
- Accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail in order to maintain the highest levels of service
- Systems learning skills to rapidly understand and use appropriate systems, including accurate inputting of detailed data across a number of different screens and software packages
- Written skills, in order to clearly, concisely and thoroughly present information to clients and wealth managers
- Numeracy skills in order to understand, process and check a range of data
- Telephone answering, rapport and relationship building skills in order to rapidly establish a high level of trust with the clients and wealth managers, to manage expectations, and to demonstrate a high level of ownership, competence, reliability and responsiveness
- Assertiveness and tenacity combined with diplomacy and sensitivity, to build and maintain good relationships with clients, wealth managers and colleagues across the company. The ability to ensure that necessary actions are taken to service clients, whilst maintaining positive relationships externally and internally
- Flexibility and innovation to handle and support changing (and sometimes conflicting) needs and demands, and continually to improve working practices
- Resilience in order to manage conflicting priorities and demands, ambiguity and demanding work loads
- Personal development focus, taking responsibility (with 7IM) for driving forward both personal and professional development in order to maximise effectiveness in this demanding role, and to grow in the role, and beyond
- Knowledge of discretionary investment management administration, including tax wrappers
- Knowledge of Pershing systems and procedures would also be beneficial
- Ideally working knowledge and experience of 7IM systems and processes gained through time within Relationship Management
- Commercial awareness in order to identify appropriate target segments and lists, and to profile prospects appropriately, understanding the context of their situation and businesses as well as the implications for the overall business of 7IM
- Have a very strong awareness of, and passion for, markets.
- An industry relevant examination (such as to CISI PCIAM) is required to be CISI Level 6.
- Ability to have and hold a relevant SPS and maintain ongoing annual CPD requirements.