Senior Client Director (DC)
5 days left
- Establish, develop, own and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers at board-level or equivalent across own strategic client portfolio. Understand the tactical and strategic goals of those businesses, working with the wider pensions and employee benefit teams within those organisations in order to meet all client objectives. Thereby ensuring long term partnerships for LGIM with these business-critical organisations and in turn supporting the achievement of DC targets and ambitions.
- Personally take ownership for the retention strategy when a strategic client is identified as 'at risk', working as part of the DC senior team to take appropriate action to ensure the client is retained and the relationship further strengthened for the longer term.
- For own portfolio of strategically important clients, proactively ensure that all new business, profitable restructure and cross-selling opportunities are identified and progressed in a timely manner. Thus, ensuring maximisation of LGIM sales penetration and market share, longer term strategic client retention and further development. Ensure client record including meeting notes, relationships status etc. is well maintained on the CRM system.
- As a member of the senior team, participate in the setting of and later personally ensuring delivery of growth targets across own strategically important portfolio in order to ensure the continued success of the division and work with the Client Directors on their own portfolios, supporting their development.
- Work as part of the senior team within DC Pensions presenting our strategic client management credentials to the board directors of FTSE50 organisations in order to maximise strategic and complex new business opportunities at critical tender, beauty parade and site visit stages. Work with colleagues in DC Sales to share client experience/trends/views, thereby supporting the expansion of LGIM DC's relationship with the UK's most significant DC intermediary consultants.
- Lead engagement with other areas within LGIM DC (Product, Client Communications, Change, Operations) to ensure own strategic clients continue to have available to them an appropriate range of products and services, thereby ensuring the long term delivery of LGIM DC targets and growth strategy. Use own judgement to ensure that this activity is balanced with the other needs of the DC business and of other strategically important clients. Personally take ownership on behalf of DC Distribution for product and proposition developments as required.
- Personally take responsibility for the maximisation of both cost effectiveness and strategic client satisfaction by implementing best practice in all aspects of long term partnership development with own strategic client portfolio, working with some of the UK's largest employers to jointly develop and pilot new initiatives, arranging client participation in think tanks, and appropriate publicity of new initiatives to ensure LGIM's profile, all whilst continuing to ensure that all activity undertaken in fulfilling the role considers the fair treatment of the end member.
- Personally maintain an excellent knowledge of LGIM DC Pensions products, proposition and processes and of LGIM investment funds, cultivating and enhancing LGIM's external profile amongst potential and existing strategic clients and intermediaries. Keep up-to-date with legislative developments and other market activity in order to both understand and influence strategic client employee benefit decisions and to be able to discuss relevant topics in an informed manner externally with strategically important clients and intermediaries, thereby enhancing LGIM's external profile in the marketplace.