Commodities Market Risk Analyst (Physical Commodities)
- Commodities Market Risk Analyst (Physical Commodities) (Ref12674)
- Capital Markets - Investment Banking
- Salary - £65,000 to £75,000 base salary (GBP) + benefits + bonus
- Location - London
- Hybrid Working Model
- Full UK Right to Work - NO Client Sponsorship is offered / NO acceptance of time limited post study student visas - applicants are asked to respect this requirement to safe time and any disappointment.
A highly profitable and growing Investment Bank based in London, is looking to hire a Commodities Market Risk Analyst (Physical Commodities), to support the front end business and risk management group.
The Physical Commodities Market Risk team support a several physical commodities trading desks, covering Energy (including Gas, Power, Carbon, Oil) and Metals. Given significant market reading activity and volatility, this has resulted in increased trading activities across the physical commodities markets, and the team is responsible for market risk management, covering pricing, valuations, and risk management.
Why this opportunity?
This is a chance to support the physical commodities desk directly, have direct interaction with Physical Commodities traders, understand the market activities, and provide direct market risk analysis, market risk limit management, and drive effective risk management that will help generate significant returns for the Investment Bank in London, and the global markets they trade.
Key responsibilities - Commodities Market Risk Analyst (Physical Commodities)
- Market risk analysis and reporting Physical Commodities market risk trading activity.
- Accounting for daily market risk reporting and accounting for pricing, valuations, financial control, and risk management.
- Partnering with the Physical Commodities Traders, understanding underling trading strategies, accounting for market risk limit monitoring, breaches, pricing and ensuring the firms risk management policies are adhered too.
- Accounting for physical commodities trading limits, monitoring trades, and market risk analysis and reporting, including (P&L).
- Understanding and explaining market risk sensitivities factors and reporting findings and recommendations to Front Office Traders, Senior Management and CRO Risk Committee.
- Market Risk, Financial Control - general ledger reconciliations / Balance Sheet (P&L) analysis and working with Product Control and other cross functional business teams.
- Support Valuations and any adjustments and ensuring the risk management framework is continuously reviewed, tested, and improved.
- Project Work - opportunity to undertake initiatives to improve the MRA Physical Commodities desk processes, looking for opportunities to increase efficiency and enhance the risk control framework. Prior experience driving market risk enhancements will be highly desirable.
- Using Excel (VBA), SQL and Python to automate and improve pricing, valuations and risk management is highly desirable.
- Coordinate with Risk Data Management Group and Trading Applications, and account for market models and market risk management across the Risk Group in London.
- Communicate effectively with all parts of the business, front office, risk management, finance and IT.
Prerequisite Requirements Criteria - Education / Qualifications and Experience -
- STEM based University Degree, with minimum classification requirement of 2.1 and above.
- Science, Technology, Economics, Mathematics being a must.
- Professional Qualifications - Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) / Professional Risk Managers Association (PRIMA) FRM / PRM certification and ability to illustrate present study.
- Direct Market Risk Analysis (MRA) / Market Risk Management (MRM) experience gained within Physical Commodities - with focus on Energy (Gas, Power, Carbon, Oil) and Metals being highly desired.
- This is an opportunity to cross train and learn new physical commodities coverage.
- Advanced market risk data skills, ability to manipulate and present data analytics and reporting using Excel (Advanced - VBA Marcos coding), SQL (Scripting) and Python (develop pricing models) will be advantageous and command a significant up lift in base salary package.
- Market Risk technical knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework and methodology enhancements including FTRB, Targeted Review of Internal Models et al.
- Experience in front end risk management systems including Murex, Sophis, Open Link Endur, Calypso and Bloomberg.
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work on complex risk issues and translate to all stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Commodities Market Risk Analyst (Physical Commodities), to support the front end business and risk management group at leading Investment Bank in London.
**Excellent Compensation Package is on offer - £65,000 to £75,000 base salary + benefits + bonus (company bonus)**
**Hybrid Working Model**
Opportunity to cross train, build on MRA / MRA experience, and diversify physical commodities coverage, and have direct engagement to the trading desk. A leading Market Risk Analysis team in London, and a career opportunity for someone looking to be challenges, have a dynamic business facing working environment, and be rewarded for generating positive returns for the business.
Please note applicants must have Full UK Right to Work, and our client is not accepting any Student / Post Study Visa's that a time limited and require sponsorship.