Investment Analyst III - IV
Our mission is simply stated: ERS offers competitive benefits to enhance the lives of its members. Each team member across the agency contributes to our ongoing success.
Seeking Investment Analyst to perform advanced to highly advanced fundamental public and private real estate investment research and analysis for the Investments Division. Work involves maintaining a high level of knowledge with respect to geographic regions, industries and companies inside and outside the United States. Work is performed under limited to minimal supervision, at the direction of the Managing Director of Real Assets and Directors of Real Estate and allows considerable extensive latitude for the use of self-initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Conduct fundamental company, sector and macro research and analyses. Make stock recommendations to portfolio manager(s).
- Monitors performance of assigned securities and communicate investment ideas with portfolio manager(s).
- Coordinates with the Managing Director of Real Assets and Directors of Public and Private Real Estate, Portfolio Manager(s) and/or Real Estate Consultant to conduct due diligence and analysis to assist the investment decision process.
- Maintain existing spreadsheets or create new ones related to the analysis of public real estate securities utilizing Bloomberg, FactSet, Green Street or other data providers.
- Generate charts and other reports in FactSet or Excel to support the analysis of the public real estate securities portfolio which may include macro-economic data.
- Analyze company-specific information. Build and maintain securities valuation and macro models to help with investment decisions.
- Meet with company management, sell side analysts, industry experts and senior principals at private real estate firms to support real estate analysis.
- As needed, support the private real estate team including assisting in the underwriting process and the quarterly monitoring process utilizing the applicable database, custodian reports and consultant reports. Generate and/or design reports in private markets software or Excel.
- Attend conferences domestically and abroad as needed, both virtually and in person as appropriate.
- Complies with CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Complies with ethics standards and restrictions on personal investment activities set forth in the ERS Investment Policy.
- Complies with the ethical standards and personal investment disclosure requirements set forth in the IPS and the Standards of Conduct for the Investments Division as set forth in the IIP.
For Investment Analyst IV, you will perform the above duties in a highly advanced and complex manner with greater responsibilities and standards.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum 24 semester hour’s credit in finance, economics, accounting and/or management or a combination of the four. (Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for 12 semester hours of the specific course requirement).
- One (1) year of full-time professional financial management or investment experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
3. Undergraduate degree major in business, finance, economics or accounting.
4. Experience in real estate, financial institutions, alternative asset managers or investment banking analyst program.
5. An interest in real estate demonstrated through coursework or prior work experience.
6. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or current participation in CFA program or certification as a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA).
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: ERS operates in a hybrid work environment, with flexible work schedules available to all employees. Domestic and international travel may be required. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
There are no equivalent Military Occupational Specialty codes assigned to this position. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit the following to the ERS Human Resources:
- A State of Texas Application for Employment (resumes will be accepted only as supplements to a State of Texas Application for Employment).
- An ERS Qualifications Form.
The above forms may be located at this link: https://www.ers.texas.gov/careers/How-to-Apply. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989