Market Risk Analyst - Gas & Power
- Interact daily with Trading desks and Fundamental analysis teams to facilitate independent analysis, advise on portfolio management and challenge trading strategies
- Conduct weekly deep dives on current trading positions to identify risks and produce well-written commentary for presentation at weekly meetings with the executive team
- Liaise with functions to escalate and resolve emergent risk issues as appropriate
- Support Front Office personnel in developing proposals for new business activities
- Analyse and evaluate risk embedded in new business or complex transactions
- Produce analysis, critically evaluating proposals and contributing to the Global New Business Committee
- Prepare ad-hoc reports at short notice for management
- Support junior members of the team in day to day activities.
- This list is not exhaustive and may include other tasks assigned by the manager.
- Experience in risk management or trading within an energy trading firm.
- Experience interacting directly with traders, originators and senior management.
- Detailed knowledge of specific energy commodities, to include all or some of the following: European Power, European Gas, Global LNG, Global LPG, Power and Gas vanilla options, Power and Gas flexible assets.
- Knowledge or experience of complex products
- Knowledge of risk measurement (VaR and stress testing), back-testing and statistical analysis.
- Experience in designing and building analytical tools and risk measurement models advantageous but not necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Particularly to be used in preparing and presenting material to senior executives
- Strong Excel and VBA skills, particularly ability to analyse complex data.
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Mathematical skills including a good knowledge of statistics
- Analytical skills
- Ability to function in a small and dynamic team and provide cover for other team members.