Assistant Internal Audit Manager
3 days left
- Fantastic Opportunity to Get Involved in Interesting and Complex Audits
- Join a Restructured Team with Great Progression
About Our Client
Sellafield are a large multi-function nuclear site close to Seascale on the coast of Cumbria, England who have office in Warrington. Their primary activities are nuclear waste processing and storage and nuclear decommissioning.
- Planning process for jobs to include materiality determination, identification of risks, design of fieldwork tests applicable to the specific client, elements of timetabling and budgeting to ensure appropriate assessments and testing schedules are designed focussing on strategic risks to provide assurance that the organisation/business units are working towards achievement of the objectives.
- Provide critical support to the Senior Internal Audit Manager in delivering the Internal Audit Plan, including perform quality assurance activities over specific Internal Audit reviews / audit files, due diligence and internal quality assurance methodology. Ensuring compliance with both professional requirements of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIIA), the Code of Ethics and the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS), and support the annual effectiveness assessment as reported to the SL Audit and Risk Assurance Committee, (and NDA requirement.)
- Allocate work to junior staff and brief them on the work to be completed, providing guidance to junior staff and be available to answer queries throughout the audit process.
- Review the work completed by junior staff including providing feedback to aid their development.
- Monitoring the progress of audits including performance versus budget, identification of any problem areas encountered and keeping management information of progress.
- Responsible for performing the independent review of the proposed year-end cost base position, reporting results directly to the SL Finance Director/Financial Controller. Including detailed statistical testing, analysis over data linked to the statutory audit.
- Assist and manage the expectations of Directors and other key staff across the SL and wider matrix business e.g. NDA, to ensure work and projects are completed within reasonable and realistic timeframes.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in performing aspects of contract management with regard to the co-source Internal Audit contract (professional services contract). This includes aspects financial management activities, including budgeting, forecasting, accruals, service entries to time and budget, and predetermined performance levels (KPIs).
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in the preparation of Audit and Risk Assurance Committee papers; including the quarterly audit Internal Audit Plan performance reporting, management assertion statement process and formal reporting to SL Executive members and the NDA for Quarterly Performance Reporting.
AUTHORITIES & DIMENSIONSAuthorities:
- Unrestricted access to all the organisation's activities, records, assets, physical property and personnel necessary for the proper discharge of its responsibilities.
- Actively represents the Internal Audit Function at the Corporate Risk Management Committee (RIO).
- Supporting role in recruitment and selection of Internal Audit, Conduct Compliance and Corporate Investigations team members.
- Identify commercial and practical solutions to identified control weaknesses, make recommendations and prepare /oversee the development of thorough, well-organised, unbiased and factual internal audit/investigative reports for dissemination to management, the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee, law enforcement and related third parties, as applicable holding management to account in progressing identified process, procedure, control improvements.
- Undertake audits across Sellafield Ltd, including undertaking joint audits with the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) where required. Audit reviews cover specialisms such as Corporate Governance, Enterprise Risk Management, Programme and Project Management, Commercial, Finance, Security & Resilience, Information Services Organisation and the People Function.
- SQEP: None identified
- Line management: None
- Budget: None identified
The Successful Applicant
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Degree / Professional Qualification - Business Degree / Finance Degree / Accounting e.g. Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA), and or other.
- Recognised investigation qualification, e.g. Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist, Certificate in Investigative Practice (CIPFA) etc.
- Extensive demonstrable relevant audit experience.
- Advanced experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent audits/projects/investigations in a time-bound environment.
- Previous experience of managing and developing staff i.e. coaching, developing, appraising.
- Strong stakeholder management skills able to influence key internal and external stakeholders up to and including Heads of and Director level.
- Ability to effectively prioritise within an environment of conflicting demands.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, maintaining high standards of data integrity whilst delivering meaningful data analyses.
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills, holding others to account in delivering against tight deadlines.
- Results driven and action orientated
- Resilient, tenacious and self-starter
- Knowledge of legislative and policy frameworks and working within these
- Given the particular focus of the SL Corporate Internal Audit function, professional audit experience in programme and project management is desirable (Management of Portfolios (MOP) / Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) / PRINCE 2) is desirable), along with relevant training and experience in commercial contracting.
- Possess technical knowledge of criminal law and procedure, e.g. fraud, bribery and corruption etc.
- Possess technical knowledge of internal controls and data across technology systems. Possess the knowledge to provide recommendations to management with solutions to fix internal controls.
- Prior experience working in a matrix management environment, able to evidence strong collaborative working.
What's on Offer
The successful Assistant Internal Audit Manager will receive;
- Competitive salary,
- Excellent Benefits package,
- Flexible working
Please apply for more details.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPEFJN1120225856203Z