Head of Finance Operations (Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable function) - Global Boutique Inv
This position will lead a team of five people and develop a best-practice function in a growing business, which supports client and supplier activity and is streamlined, efficient and well-controlled.The role will include helping to resolve any issues, support and develop the team and improve workflows and system utilization, where needed.It is a hands-on role, and the post holder is expected to assist the team, including invoicing clients and processing supplier and employee expense payments in peak processing times and as cover for the team.
- Experienced Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable professional with solid experience managing and developing a team
- Preferably banking or financial services experience (although our client will consider non-banking and financial candidates as well, if they bring relevant experience)
- Important: Demonstratable track record improving processes, implementing best practice, and delivering key business change for the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable function. If the individual has supported or overseen automation, this would be a bonus.
- An individual with strong leadership and influencing skills while also being capable and happy to be hands-on to assist the team with various tasks.
- Oversight of and assistance with invoicing of investment banking transaction fees and expenses, broking retainers and equity research fees, including working with Group Tax to ensure accurate VAT treatment
- Oversight of all aspects of the supplier expense cycle from invoice receipt and authorisation, input, supplier liaison and payment
- Oversight of staff expense claim verification, authorisation and payment cycles using Concur and SUN Systems
- Ensure all operational finance processes and controls are best practice and standardised across the UK and international entities; identify opportunities to automate and enhance processes, workflow and systems and implement these
- Assist the Group Financial Controller with development of key policies for invoicing and non-staff expenses and ensure these are implemented in line with policy
- Support team with preparation and resolution of operation finance reconciliations such as corporate bank account reconciliations (non-trading accounts) and rechargeable client expenses
- Manage, mentor and develop a small team
- Manage and maintain effective supplier and client relationships
- Work closely and build strong relationships with the business and with other support functions, including technology, tax, compliance, legal and across the global finance team
- Assist with delivery of efficient year end audit
- Work with other members of the finance team and with Technology to ensure required system changes are identified, appropriately prioritised and executed.
- Previous experience of managing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions essential
- Strong knowledge of fundamentals of bookkeeping, purchase and sales ledger accounting and cash cycles
- Hands-on and proactive with the ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of identifying and implementing process improvements, including workflow and technology enhancements
- Enthusiastic, confident and assertive with ability to develop strong relationships with other team members across the business
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Financial services experience is preferred but not essential