Equity Trading - London - Global Asset Manager
- Trading and execution of investment decisions, inflows, redemptions, maintenance of exposures and adhering to best execution and fair allocation for the funds
- Managing market interaction with all trading counterparties, investment banks and brokers, ensuring liquidity, block trades sourcing (primary and secondary market), research and market intelligence
- Ensuring cash levels are kept to a minimum in funds, solving overdraft and settlement problems as soon as possible
- Ensuring fx is managed appropriately and levels are kept in place
- Collaborating with others in the Equity Trading team in the development of investment implementation strategies.
- Follow best practices for all risk, compliance and regulatory matters, making sure that communication via all electronic media is professional, on a need to know basis and precise
- Keeping trading commissions to a minimum, ongoing monitoring of such
- The successful candidate will use a variety of tools to develop clear and informative reports and visualizations of data sets to support analysis.
- Keeping up-to-date on industry norms, technologies, regulations, and regional market structure.
- You will build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Strong experience within a similar role
- Ability to trade in all aspects of equity markets in Emerging Markets (experience of Latam preferable, but not essential), and liaising with portfolio managers on security. Additionally, cover for Asia and Ceemea on staff absence
- Market knowledge on covered countries regarding trading, counterparties etc
- Ability to source securities adhering to industry best market practices and best execution
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and with external contacts
- High level of competence in Bloomberg and Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word), knowledge of Thinkfolio Investment Management System (or a similar trade booking and compliance system) preferable
- You understand equity trading market structure and trading rules for EMEA country markets.
- You hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree.