Executive / Manager - Group Treasury Liquidity Reporting
- Macquarie Group
- London, United Kingdom
- 02 Mar 2023
- 05 Mar 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Do you want to drive your career and deliver real change in liquidity reporting within a global financial services leader?
- Where can a career in Group Treasury lead you?
- At Macquarie, we're empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future.
Join our Group Treasury team as a highly motivated Executive/Manager to work in the area of Risk, Reporting, Analytics & Platforms (RRAP) with a focus on reporting group Liquidity and Treasury markets metrices.
Group Treasury sits within the Financial Management Group and is responsible for Macquarie's Liquidity, Funding, Capital and Group Structure. The RRAP team is responsible for delivering quality capital and liquidity information to fulfil regulatory and management reporting obligations, for capital and liquidity management and for other stakeholders under a robust risk management framework.
What impact will you have?
Working in a high calibre team, you will be exposed to the core of an internationally active financial conglomerate group. This role will provide you with ownership of the work you produce from start to finish, reporting and insights, data and analysis, which you will have the opportunity to present to our stakeholders.
The focus shall be on supporting BAU team with the overall target to ensure accurate, complete and timely reporting, driving automation and efficiency. You will also contribute heavily within the liquidity area that will shape the outcome of Macquarie's activities, giving you exposure to Macquarie's Senior Management, in a non-hierarchical, merit-based environment.
Working closely with management at all levels, you will play a crucial role in the team ensuring we are able to meet our obligations related to liquidity reporting, as well as ongoing compliance with relevant internal policies and external regulations. You will be collaborating with the team in global locations (Sydney, New Delhi) regularly for accurate and timely liquidity reporting in addition to working on change initiatives and automation projects. The team reports to the Chief Financial Officer and provides advice and insights to support strategic decisions regarding the Group's funding and liquidity position.
You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of regulatory and internal liquidity requirements and use this to assist senior management's decisions in relation to liquidity management and funding.
Key to your success in this role:
- Analytical and critical thinking skills combined with a focus on risk management and reporting controls.
- Knowledge of, and a genuine interest in Liquidity risk management including spot and forecast reporting, stress scenarios and regulatory liquidity requirements in a large, complex financial institution.
- Independent drive to work on process improvements and automation initiatives. Working knowledge of data and business intelligence tools like Alteryx / MS PowerBI / Tableau etc. would be an advantage.
- Track record of success in the workplace, combined with an outstanding academic background in finance or quantitative degree (actuarial, accounting, finance, mathematics or similar).
- Being a collaborative team player with written and verbal communication skills alongside the ability to interpret and explain complex data in a dynamic working environment.
If you are motivated by the opportunity to work in a high performing team in demanding environment, we would like to hear from you.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.