Investment Support (Operations) Analyst - Equity Quant
- AXA IM LTD
- London, United Kingdom
- 15 Mar 2023
- 14 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Manage and be responsible for the Investment Support activities facing to the respective AXA IM Front Office expertise and our External partners including the following functional responsibilities:
- Ensure accuracy of positions, prices and cash of all portfolios within our Front Office systems
- Oversight of stock and cash reconciliation activity performed by our Middle Office partner
- Oversight of the NAV validation controls actively performed by our Middle Office partner as defined within the appropriate portfolio scope NAV validation model
- Act as primary contact point for all operational queries across middle and back-office activities.
- Assist in the oversight of our service providers for the respective perimeter via attendance at service meetings, review of KPI, SLA, Price Source Agreements, process improvement, quality assessment and review.
- Provide proactive assistance to Fund Managers and other internal or external stakeholders on Investment Support tasks associated with each fund scope or expertise.
- Operate controls defined by AXA-IM Global Risk Control Framework (GRCF) and Compliance for Investment Support activity and ensure that rules defined by this risk framework are well applied (ex: forced price systematically validated by Risk team).
- Participate in the creation of and modifications of portfolios, new types of instruments or strategy and new operational procedures including liaising with IT and Product Engineering.
- Participate in transversal / strategic projects and initiatives, e.g., implementation of new regulations, streamlining of operating models, system changes.
- Degree in business/finance or relevant experience in Operations.
- Professional qualifications such as IMC, CFA, CIMA beneficial
- Proven knowledge and experience in Asset Management or related environment with an emphasis on fund administration and investment operations
- Proven and in-depth knowledge and experience of supporting an Asset Management Front Office would be beneficial
- Previous experience within a Middle Office service Provider would be beneficial
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of Investment Management Operations as well as Fund Administration and Accounting
- In-depth knowledge of financial instruments and good understanding of the Asset Management industry
- Working knowledge of SimCorp Dimension would be beneficial
- Good Excel skills. Advanced skills (VBA & macro) would be preferable
- Rigorous approach and attention to detail
- Pragmatic, positive and proactive mindset
- Confident with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with both internally and with third parties
- Ability to oversee business processes with a control and risk assessment mindset