Java Development Lead - VP (Hybrid)
- Belfast, United Kingdom
- 17 Mar 2023
- 31 Mar 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
- Job Summary:
- Global Domestic and International Settlements platform architect deeply involved in design and implementation of new Operations Solutions platform (OpSo). This is to support the consolidation of both domestic and international legacy clearing/settlement platforms into the new age Asset Transfer Management (ATM) platform.
This C13/VP will be a highly experienced and extremely hands-on technologist managing multiple franchise critical programs working closely with senior business stakeholders, Operations staff and other technology partners. This will require a clearly demonstrated experience in reengineering large-scale enterprise applications along with the management of sizable global teams with constant interactions across multiple organizations including the Front Office Business, Middle Office, Finance and Technology. The successful candidate should have excellent communications skills, while extremely hands-on exposure to the upcoming and trending technologies including Big Data, Micro Services and the Container Technologies to support highly scalable and real-time deployments.
It is a critical senior technology role in the Markets Operations Technology organization, responsible for delivering state of the art engineering solutions and ensuring alignment/coverage for global Strategy and Book of Work. The candidate is expected to lead global DevOps teams, perform current state and future state analysis and work with the development team to deliver the most optimal architectural solution. The individual will work very closely with Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office Operations & Technology and must have a successful track record in handling large scale enterprise platforms. The candidate must have consistently demonstrated strategic and forward thinking vision.
The individual will be highly skilled in various new technologies, provide clear direction and insight. The candidate should have an established track record of innovation and R&D in the large scale implementations. The candidate must oversee and actively contribute to developing scalable architectures and data models aligned with the firm's Enterprise Data Strategy to offer world-class client services and improve revenue streams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide senior technology design and implementation leadership in managing large enterprise platforms.
- Expert in orchestrating large scale, enterprise platform architecture roadmaps.
- Implementations of complex back office applications with automated CI and CD pipelines on large-scale container platform clusters using Java, Docker, MongoDB, Elastic, AMQP, Kubernetes & Open Shift.
- Rapid troubleshooter in investigating complex architectural defects & offer robust implementation solutions.
- Forward thinking in terms of automation in order to provide direction/suggestions for productivity improvements.
- Should provide strategic documentation w/r/t roadmaps, process flows, etc.
- Ensure resolution of day-day project issues and conflicting workload priorities, escalation as required.
- Report on roadmaps, next steps and issues/risks to stakeholders and sponsors in line with Citi standards.
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- A number years of proven delivery record of large scale, real-time enterprise platforms of high trade volume especially in the back office clearing and settlement environments.
- Expertise in niche large scale container technologies on micro services based environments. Architect monolithic applications into re-usable and scalable micro services.
- Strong hands on experience in some of following; Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Open Shift and Spring Boot. Robust understanding of API Management and Gateways. Messaging environments - Kafka, AMQP and RabbitMQ.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Cloud/ECS architecture with complex data analytics applications leveraging relational and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Elastic).
- Experience in Reactive programming and Event driven architecture is a plus.
- Experience with AWS EC2, ECS and API Gateways in a big plus.
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 27 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
Our Select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
- Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Job Family Group:
Applications Development ------------------------------------------------------
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting