Investment Risk Analyst
- MERJE Ltd
- London, United Kingdom
- £70k - £75k
- 22 Apr 2023
- 04 May 2023
- Job Function
- Risk Management
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Analyse and advise the Head of Investment Risk and other relevant senior stakeholders on the issues and risks associated with investing in complex assets.
- Monitor and improve the effectiveness of controls and integrity of the investment risk management processes including the limits framework, responsible investment strategy, stress testing and ongoing monitoring of credit performance.
- Review, challenge and validate internal rating methodologies and assigned ratings
- Oversee an appropriate framework of controls and metrics for identifying, measuring, monitoring and mitigating investment risk.
- Review and independently assess ratings of the portfolio, with a focus on internally rated assets
- Undertake review and challenge of first line rating opinions for proposed investments
- Monitor rating decisions across asset classes and sectors to ensure that judgements are consistent, well justified and contain no bias, omission or consistent weakness
- Relevant Investment Risk experience ideally gained within an investment firm
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather information and use it to draw conclusions
- Good judgement in the assessment of credit rating reviews and in the assessment of investment strategy including and understanding of ESG principles.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong commercial acumen and awareness of relevant regulation, economics and current affairs
- Highly numerate, very good understanding of mathematical / statistical concepts.
- Ability to manage priorities, work independently and under pressure.
- Fast learner, ability to understand complex issues quickly and to come up with effective solutions to solve them
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.