Senior Analyst | Risk and Compliance | Second Line of Defence
- London, United Kingdom
- To be discussed
- 05 May 2023
- 03 Jun 2023
- Job Function
- Risk Management
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- We make a difference, delivering outcomes for our millions of members.
- Join our growing Group Risk department in London, second-line of defence.
- Take on a broad risk & compliance seat with a financial crime focus.
AustralianSuper is the largest pension fund in Australia - in the top 20 largest pension funds globally and in the top 50 asset owners globally.
With more than £160bn in assets under management, and a world-class investment team, AustralianSuper has the appetite and capability to directly invest in large-scale opportunities.
At AustralianSuper, we truly care about our colleagues. We know work and life are intertwined. That's why we support the diverse needs of everyone and have policies that enable us all to thrive and be truly flexible. We ensure diversity is celebrated for the opportunity it provides us all to learn and grow, and ultimately to deliver better outcomes for members.
Your new role;
Working with a small but expanding team in Group Risk in the London office, we are looking to hire a Senior Analyst who can advise, oversee, and challenge risk and compliance practices within the Fund internationally (UK & US).
You will be a local Risk & Compliance SME, working across reporting and collaboration, assurance and control effectiveness, partnering with the business, including;
- Identifying & escalating any regulatory issues
- Expert and trusted advisor for risk, line two, and both internal & external stakeholders
- Strengthen & assess frameworks for international offices.
- Assist & execute annual compliance monitoring and testing.
- Support & represent the team on Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) matters.
- Support the wider Risk & Compliance team, working with both first- and second-line teams.
- Complete monitoring reviews A-Z; scoping, planning, testing, and reporting
- Prepare reports for senior management and committees.
This role is based on site at London King's Cross Estate, one of the core assets of the Fund's global portfolio.
What you'll need
Culture is key at AustralianSuper, and we are looking for someone who is a team player that enjoys working in a high performing collaborative team.
- Significant risk exposure to date within an Asset Management firm or consultancy
- Excellent knowledge of the UK regulatory landscape
- Strong knowledge of UK and EU AML/CTF
- Strong communication skills
- Track record in building sound risk and compliance awareness in a regulated environment
- Significant experience in control design and operating effectiveness.
- Ability to challenge, collaborate, and work closely with a range of teams.
Life at AustralianSuper
Our London and New York offices are made up of nearly 100 talented colleagues and is expected to grow four-fold over the next three years meaning when you join you become a key part of building our culture.
As we collaborate with colleagues across multiple time zones flexibility in work hours are both a requirement and opportunity for this role.
We offer great benefits including generous leave type, leading pension contributions, health insurance and promote a blended working environment in which all roles can flex, and we're happy to discuss what this looks like for you.
We are committed to supporting our diverse workforce in a way that is inclusive and embraces diversity in all its forms. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let our recruitment team know.
What's next: Apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results .
Progress, powered by purpose.