Senior Software Engineer
- S&P Global
- Manchester, United Kingdom
- 05 May 2023
- 29 May 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in the design, development, and testing of world class loan applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Senior Software Engineer will work on new features as well as assist the support of existing hosted products.
6-10+ years of Microsoft-centric development experience using C#
Experience working with containers is preferred
Experience working with cloud technologies is preferred
Experience with most of the following technologies:
Web API, REST desirable
SQL Server databases, PostgreSQL is a plus
Understanding of SOA and/or Event-Driven architecture
Strong foundation in technology-neutral programming concepts
Exposure to Software Design Patterns/Principles
Experience writing integration and unit tests with exposure to Test-Driven Development (TDD)
System integration with several different applications.
Computer science, software engineering, information system degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience
- Gather and analyze business requirements and transform them into innovative web application solutions that effectively facilitate and enhance product delivery in an service-based development environment
- Concentrate in hands-on development utilizing software programming and user interface best practices and design patterns
- Be able to work directly, efficiently, and professionally in an Agile environment with other developers and team members including external clients, senior developers, systems administrators, and business users
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision if needed
- Participate in establishing processes and best practices around development standards, version control, quality control, deployment, maintenance and change management
- Hands-on experience with project setup, schema creation, development of queries, documents and dashboard
- Ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control
- Strong problem solving skills. Must be able to invent creative solutions for complex problems
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person."
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 285282
Posted On: 2023-04-20
Location: Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom