Graduate AI Developer
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- 17 May 2023
- 07 Jun 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
This opportunity will give you the chance to design and build innovative solutions with a leading Fintech organisation using AI and ML . Becoming an integral part of our talented expert team of artificial intelligence experts, you will work with a fast-paced and growing organisation and advance your own career within software development and the field of artificial intelligence (AI).
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proactively manage the technical delivery of the new AI applications to meet the need of the business and deployment throughout the company.
- Take point on the technical design, platform architecture, security, deployment and maintainability.
- Design and implement maintainable and expandable code systems as well as writing solution code
- Understanding and being able to meet challenging requirements and ensuring that the correct solution is designed and implemented
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Carrying out code reviews and helping to ensure the quality of the code base
- Execute best practice with regards to software development and ensure the code meets team standards
- Take an active role in understanding the business domain and contributing to requirements gathering.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- The completion of agreed training / self-improvement activities in line with agreed career development plan.
- Delivery of agreed outputs within agreed timeframes or the successful negotiation of new time frames.
- Actively communicating the status of assigned items of work to project team, project manager or delivery manager.
- Actively seeking opportunities to aid peers.
- Actively identifying and promoting opportunities for application efficiency improvements or performance improvements.
- Proficiency in at least one deep learning language such as Python, spaCy, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Be able to demonstrate experience of using AI with unstructured data sources, especially in areas such as images, speech and text data.
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the industry
- Experience of C#, React, SQL, Python or other AI/ML packages and Docker/Cloud systems
- Positive attitude, thirst for knowledge, goal of team success, pragmatism, self-starter, enjoyable personal challenges along with growth.
- Experience with writing unit tests is advantage.
- Sense of writing clean code.
- Understanding main software design principles and best practices.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- University degree in IT preferable in Computer Science (at least Bachelor's
- English on communicative level.
- Advantage: experience with Microsoft .NET development products, including C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET and SQL Server.
- Confident, passionate about creating innovative solutions for customers.
- Ability to operate to tight timelines.
- Experienced in or knowledge of would be an advantage:
- Iterative approach to development
- CI&CD in an agile team
- Cloud based deployments
- DevOps deployments